Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I’m Devouring Right Now

A short list of what I’m reading, watching, listening to, or am excited about.



Warm Bodies - the movie and book
Wild - by Cheryl Strayed
Dear Sugar - by Cheryl Strayed
Identity Thief - the movie
The Invisible Thread - the book by Laura Schoff
Heads in Beds: A Reckless Memoir of Hotels, Hustles, and So-Called Hospitality
Moneyball - the movie and the book
The Pretty Good Jim's Journal Treasury - the comic book
Dan Ariely - his youtube videos
The Guilt Trip - the movie
Les Mis - the movie
Mildred Pierce - the HBO series
This Is It - the Michael Jackson movie
The Show - by Kerris Dorsey, the song in Moneyball
A Year and Six Seconds - the book
Sewing by hand felt toys and pillows
Red Robin Restaurant’s Unbridled Acts site
Tig Notaro - the comedienne
Hearing for the first time a sport in Japan called soft tennis (tennis with a softer ball) and about the California burrito (fries are inside)



***New “rule” - when you ask me a question for anonymous advice and I answer it, could you write an anonymous comment so I know you read the post? You can just write “Thx!” or something! :)

As always, I usually tweet any new posts I have. And anyone can email me questions and I respond only via this blog, not to your personal address. It usually takes me 3-4 days to answer.

I also write over at Jobstr.com under Hollywood Executive Assistant.

http://jobstr.com/threads/show/4303-hollywood-executive-assistant




2 comments:

  1. Loved "Wild" - I was surprised how emotionally deep this book was. I'm a hiker (not a gutsy one, like the author---I could never hike the PCT alone--or in a group!)I lost my mom several years ago, and this book accurately described how devestating the loss and pain losing one's mother is. It permeates everything, and reading how she dealt with her loss helped me start to heal. Great book! Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Muser at Musings of a High Level Executive AssistantFebruary 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM

      Carol - Wild was so good. I couldn't put it down! Dear Sugar is half memoir as well that you may want to read it if you haven't. I am also getting a book she suggests within Sugar too.

      Delete