Happy Admin Day, everyone! I'm sure you may have seen the below already, though I never have and thought it'd be fun to share. Not sure who wrote it. Keep up the good work!
TOP TEN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SECRETARIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS
10. Secretaries make coffee, administrative professionals procure international resources to motivate and empower staff.
9. Secretaries take memos, administrative professionals expedite inter-office communication.
8. Secretaries type letters, administrative professionals facilitate company communication with national and international clients.
7. Secretaries file, administrative professionals manage and organize data for efficient retrieval of corporate records.
6. Secretaries un-jam the copy machines, administrative professionals maintain high-tech equipment vital to day-to-day business.
5. Secretaries answer the phone, administrative professionals manage communication between staff and customers.
4. Secretaries listen to office gossip and complaints, administrative professionals act as corporate arbitrators and manage conflict between administrators and staff.
3. Secretaries order office supplies, administrative professionals manage inventory of critical corporate resources.
2. Secretaries buy gifts when boss realizes he or she has forgotten spouse's birthday or anniversary, administrative professionals facilitate crisis management at the executive level.
1. Secretaries get little respect in the corporate environment, administrative professionals get just a bit more.
While working at a publishing house, the executives could be gone for days at a time and the company would continue operating just fine. But if any administrative professional was gone for more than an afternoon, the house collapsed. Best wishes go out to all the administrative professionals that keep business, well, in business!
HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS DAY!
***New “rule” - when you ask me a question for anonymous advice and I answer it, could you write an anonymous comment so I know you read the post? You can just write “Thx!” or something! :)
As always, I usually tweet any new posts I have. And anyone can email me questions and I respond only via this blog, not to your personal address.
I also write over at Jobstr.com under Hollywood Executive Assistant.