Hello, Everyone! I've been getting everyone's comments, questions, and emails though I have yet to process or address them. I'm still working 12 hour days and it's looking to continue for awhile. This is when I feel really grateful that I love my job and the people I work with. Pulling those long hours and insane deadlines is much easier when you enjoy what you do. I thought it would be nice to post, and some thing fun and light since work has been crazy! :) Hope you enjoy!
You Know You're An Assistant When...
2) You know it's your boss coming down the hall based on the sound of his foot steps and walking pattern.
3) The one time you plan a special night out after work is the day you are asked to stay late.
4) You fear and dread the call on your cell phone from your boss while you are in the shower, at the movies, or the dentist.
5) Your heart stops beating and you break out into a sweat when your boss asks you a question and you don't know the answer.
6) You run thru your mind your to do list while in the shower, on the toilet, or while commuting to make sure you didn't forget to do something over and over again for fear you forgot something really obvious.
7) You have nightmares about your alarm not going off, scheduling something on the wrong day, missing a deadline, or showing up to a work event way under dressed.
8) You start using the same phrases, tone of voice, inflections, and writing style as your boss. If you're the same gender as your boss others think it's your boss on the phone, not you.
9) The sound of a ringing phone makes you cringe and you hate setting your alarm on the weekends so no one/the world doesn't expect anything from you.
Do you have any to add? Leave them in the comments section! :)
***New “rule” - when you ask me a question for anonymous advice and I answer it, could you write an anonymous comment so I know you read the post? You can just write “Thx!” or something! :)
As always, I usually tweet any new posts I have. And anyone can email me questions and I respond only via this blog, not to your personal address. It usually takes me 5-6 days to answer.
I also write over at Jobstr.com under Hollywood Executive Assistant.